Sunday, May 9, 2010

Still Keeping an Eye on Me

I am quite disappointed in myself. It seems I have become exactly the type of blogger that I find the most fault with – the one who doesn’t update his or her blog on a regular basis. I have never quite understood how someone could have a blog and not be able to write something, anything, at least every couple of days. Well, now I have bit of insight into how time gets away from you. . . or how you don’t post because you don’t have just the right picture to go with the writing. . . or how the ideas simply aren’t there. The excuses are endless.

As I dwell on this I find myself thinking about my Mom – how appropriate, being that it is Mother’s Day. Mom died in 1994, and there hasn’t been a day gone by that I haven’t thought of her. I hear her voice and recognize her guidance every day. She wouldn’t be disappointed in me for not following through on the writing, but, she’d tell me pretty quickly that I needed to get focused and quit piddling around, to stop whining and get moving. She’d give me a big hug and tell me, “Honey, you can do anything that you set your mind to.” And. . . she was always right.

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. You’re the best!

1 comment: