Saturday, July 31, 2010

Through the Rabbit Hole

H and I just popped out of the rabbit hole. A rabbit hole, you say? Well, actually we just returned from his native Holland, where we had a grand time visiting with family in Amsterdam. "Going through the rabbit hole” is something H mentions each time we travel there because, regardless of whether we are going or coming, on the other side of that huge ocean is a whole different world with sights, smells and sounds all its own.

I had this grandiose idea of blogging every couple of days while over there. Why I thought that I have no idea, but it would have been pretty cool if I could have pulled it off. Alas, I didn’t. BUT, I have a fabulous memory (Translation: I made lots of notes) and I took over 1300 pictures (Translation: You’ll think you’re right there with me). So get ready ‘cause we’re going back through that rabbit hole.

Images of Amsterdam from top to bottom:
1. View from our hotel room
2. H (on the right) and his brother, D
3. Canal view
4. D and my nephew, M, biking through the city

No comments:

Post a Comment