Wednesday, August 11, 2010

JB Was Here

My father’s name is Jesse Benjamin Bateman, but he was known as JB all his life by family and friends. Although it’s been a little over a year since he died, Dad has stopped by on several occasions – in my dreams. I think of them as really cool visits. In some dreams he just shows up and observes, but in most, we’ve spoken to each other, hugged or simply held hands. We always exchange “I love you”s. Each time I see Dad, I let my middle sister S know, because she also sees him in dreams. Now I know that many of you must be thinking, “Hmmmmm. Maybe the heat and humidity is getting to her.” But no, I’m not nutty; I just know what I’ve experienced.

I saw Dad again last Saturday night -- nothing major, a short chat, a hug and then he was gone. So, of course, early Sunday morning I sent my sister an email to let her know Dad had come by for a visit. On Monday morning I got a call from S, who had responded with her own email:

I knew he was in town! I got the notice Sunday morning!!

And she attached an image from the Sunday AJC headlines:


Of course, it helps to know that Justin Bieber had just been in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment