Sunday, September 19, 2010

When It Absolutely Has to Get There



This afternoon I went on a little shopping spree with my sister. As I was hauling a bag full of sale items to the car I thought about my Dutch relatives across the pond. Almost everything they buy, pick up, drop off or transport is done on foot or by bicycle, regardless of the weather. It’s second nature to them, as it is to most Dutch people. If the load is a little bigger than normal, they simple pull out “the Chevrolet,” a bike with an oversized bucket on the front. Move a load and get a workout – it’s a win-win (as my husband likes to say).

2 comments:

  1. I love this little clip! And you are so tech-savvy to have posted it! Please keep up the stories of your family "across the pond" -- so enjoy sharing them with you! OXOXKT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the Dutch equivalent of my old Yukon XL!

    ReplyDelete