Saturday, January 22, 2011

You've Got To Be Kidding!


As you can see from the sample goodie bag, I’ve been to the dentist. But today’s blog isn’t about my dentist appointment per se; it’s actually about those few moments between arriving and exiting the car.

I don’t really know how it happened, but I set the car alarm off. Somehow in all the wiggling and maneuvering with my purse and keys and car door, I must have pushed something out of sequence and off the alarm went. What a loud, horrendous noise – it just wouldn’t stop.

I smacked at the steering wheel and horn. I opened and closed the door. I turned the car on and off several times and even revved the engine. (I understand that my dentist, was watching out the window.) I pushed every button on my key fob, probably totally confusing the car. In desperation, I called my husband and screamed:

          I’ve set the car alarm off – Help me! MAKE IT STOP!

Please note that he was at least twenty-five minutes away and not exactly in a position to do anything. Calmly he asked:

         Have you done A… B… C…?

         YES! I’ve tried everything. It’s still BLARING! Can you hear it?

I held the phone out towards the dashboard. Finally, I yelled into the phone:

         I’ve got to go. I’m now late for my appointment!


And I hung up on him.

I stomped to the building, and as I reached for the office door, the noise stopped. Total quiet. By the time I finished with my appointment, I had a cavity and two voicemails from H. He had researched the problem online and offered several options in case it happens again.

I sure hope not, but I’ll be ready when I go back in a couple of weeks for that darn cavity.

No comments:

Post a Comment